Is there a student in your home that is a graduating HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR who is preparing to enter college?
Is there a COLLEGE STUDENT in your home who needs financial assistance to remain in school?
Are you wondering how you are going to pay for their college education?
If you answered "yes," please encourage your students to apply for these scholarships, especially for scholars who are living in Public or Assisted housing (Section 8).
CCHRCO Scholarship Program - Deadline - May Annually
- Five CCHRCO scholarships for $1,000 per year for one year
- One SERC scholarship for $1,000 per year for one year
- One SERC scholarship for $1,500 per year for one year
Brooks Jeffrey Marketing BEYOND Scholarship Program - Deadline May 30th Annually
- One BEYOND scholarship for $500 per year for one year
- Applicants must submit an online application, including an essay of 1,000 words or less describing how they will impact the world. Also required are: a digital copy of the official transcript, a digital copy of the ACT or SAT composite score report, a digital letter of recommendation, and a recent digital portrait photo suitable for publication.
NAHRO Merit College Scholarship/NAHRO-LDG Scholars Program - Deadline - Contact Regional Representative
- Three (3) $12,000 scholarships over four years to assist with tuition and fees which will also include:
- $3,000 a year for up to three years, as a summer internship stipend
- Networking opportunities with business and community leaders
PHADA Scholarship Programs - Deadline - January Annually
Three scholarships will be awarded:
Stephen J. Bollinger Memorial Scholarship ($7,000) will be awarded at the PHADA Annual Convention and Exhibition. The winner will also receive a trip for him/herself and one parent/guardian to attend the convention.
Freedom & Civil Rights Scholarship ($5,000) - Students must submit a personal essay (350-500 words) demonstrating their efforts and achievements in furthering the values of the civil rights movement. Explain why the cause is still relevant in communities today and how they relate to your educational goals. Include any relevant volunteer experiences and community involvement activities relating to advancing the cause of civil rights.
Nan McKay Pathway to Achievement Scholarship ($5,000) - The scholarships will be awarded by the Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA), which is an organization of 1900 housing authorities across the United States. PHADA also serves as an advocate before the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on a variety of regulations governing public housing nationwide.