Skip to Main Content


Port Out Instructions:

  • If a family is interested in porting their voucher to another jurisdiction, they must submit their request for portability in writing to the Housing Authority of Darlington. When a family requests portability, the location where they intend to port must be identified in the request, and a 30-day notice to vacate will need to be submitted to their landlord and to the Housing Authority of Darlington. The Housing Authority of Darlington will determine if the family is eligible to port out and notify the family by letter of their approval to port. This letter will also provide the family with an appointment to come into our office and sign all portability paperwork. This paperwork will then be forwarded to the housing authority that the family is porting to.

Port In Instructions:

  • All incoming portability documents should be forwarded to:
    Housing Authority of Darlington
    Attn: Lisa Williamson
    324 Bacote Street
    Darlington, South Carolina 29532

Contact Info for Lisa Williamson:
Telephone: 843.393.0436 Extension 2006
Fax: 843.393.0443
Email Lisa