The Housing Authority of Darlington (HAD) enforces parking by decal only policy on all public housing properties. All residents of public housing should register their personal vehicles with HAD. Residents will receive a visitor's pass at the time they register that will need to be displayed in the vehicle of any visitors.
Tampering with any vehicle decal is strictly prohibited.
Resident Vehicle Registration/Regulations
- All vehicles must be parked in a designated parking area.
- Any vehicle parked in a non-designated area, such as the grass, fire lane, or in front of a dumpster, will be towed at the vehicle owner's expense without further notice. If a permit has been issued to that car, it may be revoked and all parking privileges suspended.
- All permitted vehicles must have a current license, registration, and insurance and be in running order.
- Only one visitor parking pass will be issued to each household. Loss of this tag may result in a fine of $50. If another visitor pass is issued and the original one is found, it must be turned in to the office. Possession of 2 (two) visitor passes at one time will be considered a lease violation.
- Only vehicles with valid Parking Permits may park in resident parking areas. Cars parked without permits are subject to towing at the vehicle owner's expense.
- No more than 2 parking permits will be issued per apartment. No permit will be issued unless all Lease documents are signed by every tenant on the Lease, and all current rent has been paid. NO EXCEPTIONS. Permits will only be issued for vehicles that are lawfully registered to the lessee.
- Issuance of a parking permit does not guarantee available space.
- All permits remain the property of the Housing Authority of Darlington. The Landlord reserves the sole right to revoke any permit from any tenant not observing the parking regulations. If a permit is revoked, a new permit will not be issued to another resident of the same apartment during the current Lease term.
- No repairs (including washing cars and changing oil) may be done to vehicles anywhere on Housing Authority property.
- Double parking (end to end) is allowed in any parking area, but both vehicles must be for the same residence.
- All permits must be displayed in the upper left-hand corner of the rear window to be valid. Permits are not transferrable.
- If you wish to permit a new or different car, please peel off your old sticker, bring the old permit into the office, and we will issue a new sticker in accordance with the current parking regulations.
- If you are having a birthday party, etc., at your home, extra visitors may park on the street or in the office parking lot.
- You must have a handicap permit to park in a handicap parking spot.